Friday, June 3, 2011

How do i change the battery cables on my ford taurus?

I'm having some problems starting my car and I think the battery cables are corroded, but I don't know how to change them, does anybody knows and maybe have a diagram or something?? thanks!!!!How do i change the battery cables on my ford taurus?Go to your local auto parts store and ask for the positive and negative cables for your car (but you probably only need a negative, that one all ways seems to take the worst beating). When you get them you will see what is involved in changing them. Like how many connectors there are on them etc. It is not an overly difficult job and if you can change your own oil, air cleaner, etc. I don't think you will have any problems.How do i change the battery cables on my ford taurus?you have to cut the old ones off

use BIG DIKES or bolt cutter

replace w/ new onesHow do i change the battery cables on my ford taurus?Probably no need to change, but you may need to clean the connections at the battery terminals. For this you will need the correct wrench size plus a specialty wire brush designed to remove the corrosion at the terminals. Just be careful not to short across the terminals or you will get a shock. When clean test to see if you have any improvement. If not you may need to have you battery tested. Many auto supply stores will do this for free. If this is not th problem you may need a tune up or have a mechanic check to see if there are other issues,How do i change the battery cables on my ford taurus?the cables probably just need to be removed and cleaned.your local auto parts store has a spray cleaner that will remove the corrosion.

Be Careful,you wil be dealing with acid based corrosion.wear gloves.