Wednesday, September 14, 2011

How do I recode my Rover/Philips Car Stereo with my code I already have?

I bought a second hand Rover 214 car this year and had to get the battery changed, once that was done, I noticed that the car stereo no longer worked as it was coded.... I'VE NOW GOT THE CODES NEEDED from software a friend has ... but the handbook is missing from the car pertaining to the stereo system etc... so Ive got the codes, but dont know how to enter them into the unit to get the stereo working again?



Does anyone know how I can recode my stereo with my code(s) that I already have? (I'm not asking 'how to get' the codes, I already have them, I want to know what I now do with the codes, how do I programme them into the stereo unit in the car)...PS I dont have the handbook/manual - so please dont suggest looking in that :-) What buttons do I press, what is the sequence I need to go through to enter the code(s) into the unit?



Thank you

Terry!How do I recode my Rover/Philips Car Stereo with my code I already have?AMR6284 Land Rover Code Entry



After switching on the set

the display will show Range Rover Followed by %26quot;CODE%26quot;

Press pre-set [1] and '0' will be displayed



Enter the first digit using the [%26lt;%26gt;] keys to select the code digits



After entering all 4 press [1]



The radio will start



If you get it wrong three times remove battery cable for 5 min and start again.