Friday, September 23, 2011

Life spam of a car battery and alternator...Please tell me how long is expected...?

I had a flood in my street and that did damage the battery of my car, as well as the alternator. My car is about 4 years of use and the mechanic told me that I was in the right time to change all these, coz sooner or later I will have it damaged by usage as times passes. But the change was due to the flood and now I feel that I should have been more careful about my car and not to park it in the near street while a tropical storm passed and flooded it all and I did pay a big note!Life spam of a car battery and alternator...Please tell me how long is expected...?It's %26quot;life SPAN%26quot;, spam is a type of canned meat. Anyway the battery was probably ready to be changed because four to six years is about the life span of a decent battery. The alternator on the other-hand should probably only be replaced once or maybe twice during the whole life of the car. I'm sure the water had something to do with the alternator failure. This may however not be all the electrical problems your going to experience from this flood damage, especially if the car was started before it was completely dried out. There could be damage to circuit boards, relays, switches, and interior and exterior lighting. I would try to keep it out of the tropical storms especially if you have a lot invested in it. GOOD LUCK!!!Life spam of a car battery and alternator...Please tell me how long is expected...?its 50-50 if you have been driving for 5 years on that Battery, you are lucky car battery's life is between 3-5 years, so that needed to be changed, alternator, that is water damage, but look at it this way there was nothing you could do about it, and you are lucky it just came to that.Life spam of a car battery and alternator...Please tell me how long is expected...?about three to four years on a battery. The alternator should last about ten years, but it was water damaged so it needs to be changed anyway.