Friday, September 23, 2011

I jumped my car and now even with a new battery it won't crank?

Right after jumping it, it sputtered and when accelerating it felt robbed for power after a few minutes it got up to speed and shifted into 2nd gear and it ran perfect. I drove it straight home turned it off then statred it up again to see if it would sputter it didn't. Next morning I went to start it up it wouldn't even crank and when I cheaked the oil it had almost two quarts extra in it (I had it changed at a reputable auto shop) and the radiator was empty (there didn't appear to be any water in the oil). Does anyone have a idea what might be the problem and how much it's gonna cost me.I jumped my car and now even with a new battery it won't crank?The two extra quarts of oil probablly came from a squished oil pan, or from coolant somehow getting into the oil system, oil floats on water , and if you damaged your pan the oil pickup might not have been working. Basically the motor is probablly trash. Since there is no coolant in the system, your car was not cooling, which means that your motor is likely locked up.I jumped my car and now even with a new battery it won't crank?Could be ignition switch????I jumped my car and now even with a new battery it won't crank?2 quarts extra? your gonna blow the valvesI jumped my car and now even with a new battery it won't crank?Take it to your car dealer, and simply ask them what's wrong and how much it will cost to fix it. Then decide what you want to do. You get expensive expert advice that way and can compare with an independent shop's diagnosis. The first thing to realize is that neither you or I have been trained to repair automobiles, so it's the %26quot;blind leading the blind%26quot; if I tell you what to do other than to seek professional help.I jumped my car and now even with a new battery it won't crank?I need to know what kind of car , what year?I jumped my car and now even with a new battery it won't crank?Could be a bad solenoid, alternator, starter or ignition

may cost from $40 to $500 to fix (or diagnose)I jumped my car and now even with a new battery it won't crank?you blow the headgasket. i am 100% positive!!!! if you need more info e-mail me jeffchai@yahoo.com give me the year make and model i can give you a price on how much it would cost to fix itI jumped my car and now even with a new battery it won't crank?Oil Floats on top of water. Your antifreeze is in the block which raised your oil level. If you drain the oil, you will see the antifreeze come out.

Sounds like you seized your motor. You may also want to check the oil pan, you may of crushed it in the jump.I jumped my car and now even with a new battery it won't crank?It's possible your starter could be getting ready to go out.

Maybe the cillinoid or wiresI jumped my car and now even with a new battery it won't crank?Sounds to me like a blown head gasket, take it to someone you trust and have them do a compression test...I jumped my car and now even with a new battery it won't crank?Check the oil carefully and see if there is any type of foamyness to it. this will tell you if there is water in the oil.

Sounds like your head gaskets are blown.I jumped my car and now even with a new battery it won't crank?Have you tried disconnecting the terminals from the battery? At times the problem could be from the alternator that is failing and the car might be running on the battery alone. Check it out... If its an older model car like mine (1987 pontiac) do that..If its a newer car I cannot help you there.. best of luckI jumped my car and now even with a new battery it won't crank?It could be the engine is locked up from what they call vapor lock meaning that there is coolant in the cylinders and since you can not compress a liquid well the engine wont turn over that coolant had to go somewhere. Check your ignition as well and fuel pump. Pull a spark plug, then plug that spark plug into the wire you had to remove have someone crank to see if there is any spark coming from the ignition system if so then thats fine then to check the pump open the gas filler door have someone turn the key with out cranking the engine and see if you hear a noise if you hear a noise then your fuel system is good. If you have issues with the spark then you will have to trace it back to the coil or distributor. If the fuel pump well then you will be replacing the pump.I jumped my car and now even with a new battery it won't crank?sounds like sabotage. two extra quarts in the oil? and no water in the radiator?



but to get to the battery problem, you probably need a new alternator. this is the unit that re charges the batteries as you drive the car.



remove some oil by loosening the oil pan drain bolt, it will be on the bottom of the oil pan not around the sides,



when you put water ion radiator your going to need to run the car sop the water level will fill to the right depth. water has to get past the thermostat which opens at a certain temperature, then pass into the block.

when you get if full, check you hoses for leaks and cracks.



if you pull the dip stick and if it looks like foamy whitish on the stick that would be evidence of water in the oil.



the loss of power could have been the over amount of oil,



the alternator is the problem with the batteries.I jumped my car and now even with a new battery it won't crank?bet you any money its your alternator.