Tuesday, October 25, 2011

How do you prevent major car damage like transmission failure, gaskets blown,etc? + other minor questions!?

My car's transmission failed around 80,000, and had it completely replaced with a 3 year warantee thank god, but was it something on my part that I did, or did it just go? Really sharp driving maybe? Stop and go, too much?



My car prior to this one, my god, I blew a head gasket twice I believe within a year's time, I had leaks, the radiator blew and spilled its contents all over, battery died at least twice, alternator died twice, all I know is, I kept having pretty major problkems with all the cars that I've had, so I'm wondering if it's something that I'm doing.



I'm taking good care of this car now, changing the oil every 3-4-5 thousand miles, and always making sure it's running smoothly.



However, is there anything more that I can do?



What about miscellaneous car care such as fuel injections, and other things you can add to your fuel tank or engine, for optimal performanc, that they market for cars which put on alot of mileage, or sports cars, etc?



Should I really be doing everything I can to make sure my car is okay?





Also in the extreme heat and extreme cold, should I make sure that my car cools down and heats up properly?





Can window tints the ones that peel on your windows, damage rear window heating? Meaning the tiny horizonal linesthat heat your window across it?



Anyways thanks!How do you prevent major car damage like transmission failure, gaskets blown,etc? + other minor questions!?Taking care of your car requires so much more than doing the oil changes on time. Do your tune-ups and inspections as your owners manual suggests it. Also, do research on your car, is it a model that seems to have frequent problems? Get to know your car well, so when something goes wrong with it, like say a noise you haven't heard before, you can easily tell something's up and get it looked at. There's countless websites where you can get tips and pointers how to properly maintain your vehicle to keep it running for a long time. Some thing's just aren't preventable though, and you just have to deal with them.