Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Problem with my car radio, can someone help?

I have a VW Golf, buit in Mexico. 10 years old, less than 70,000 miles and still going strong.

I had to change the battery last Saturday (cannot remember when I changed it for the last time). Anyway,

when I switched on the radio after, it showed up in safe mode. I could not find back the code but I thought I remembered it and I introduced a number, it was rejected. I tried an alternate number thinking I had may be inverted one figure but it was again refused. But now the radio stays in SAFE mode. Any attempt to reintroduce a number fails. I can no longer get a prompt to introduce the code. I went to my local VW dealer but he told me he could not assist.Allegedly, the CPU of the radio assumes that it is stolen. Does anyone knows what I can do.?Is there anything to do to get again a prompt to reintroduce the code. Or is there a way to cancell the anti-theft.

I want my radio back. I cannot listen to news or to music since Saturday when I'm driving and it is really

... Yeah you know what I mean. Hope someone knows how to do. VW manufacturer (IOt is a VW radio too), possibly knows what to do, but they will never say it..

Looking forward to get a right answer.

Thks beforehand and a nice day ahead.

Problem with my car radio, can someone help?All the radios are programmed with antitheft codes which are programmed in the protected area of memory. Hence there is no way you can crack this code.

The only way to solve your problem is to take the radio to the service station and get it reflashed. The reflashing radio will prompt you to re-enter the code.

I think you can dig into the documents related to the radio and this code should figure out in one of these docs. Else the dealer can read out the part number from your radio and get this code for you.