Tuesday, October 25, 2011

How to reset a automatic car starter?

The past week every time I pressed the start button on my automatic starter the car started and stopped three times and in the end my anti-theft light came on and I had to wait 10 minutes before I could manually start the car (putting the key in and starting it). My battery was dying and I currently changed it. I found at that once the battery is weak the starter stops working and even if you change the battery it does not work, I was told I have to reset the automatic starter.How do you do that. I have a 97 grand am 3.1L. Don't know if the car makes a difference.How to reset a automatic car starter?To reset your remote...



Put the key in the ignition, and turn forward all the way just before cranking. Then within 5 seconds, press and hold in the valet/overide button,until the installed LED (the blinking light) in your dash area goes on solid, and the siren chirps once.



This should reset the system, and resetthe grounded relay on the starter wire, allowing you to start the engine. At this point, the only thing working would be the keyless entry from the alarm, if it came equipped that way.



Just Repeat these steps to place it back to usable armed mode. You may get 2 chirps, confirming it, and the lights may flash twice as well.



If the battery is dead, nothing in the car works. If it was your battery your lights would be dimming, but if you can hear it crank but wouldn't start before changing your battery, then it was your starter to begin with. You cannot reset the actual starter, you misunderstood them, they were probably telling you to reset the remote starter.How to reset a automatic car starter?you dont reset the battery or anything else that sounds dumb.read all of this.http://vats.likeabigdog.com/

use this link. it might help, although i think you have a different problem